how to call teradata storeprocedure in datastage-px

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

oracle
Participant

how to call teradata storeprocedure in datastage-px

Post by oracle »

Hi Guys,

I have requirement call teradata storeprocedure in datastage enterprise edition. i had tried with datastage stp stage. but it specific for oracle database only.

please help me how to call teradata stored procedure using datastage-px

Thanks & Regards
Lakshmi
cundyp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: how to call teradata storeprocedure in datastage-px

Post by cundyp »

[quote="oracle"]Hi Guys,

I have requirement call teradata storeprocedure in datastage enterprise edition. i had tried with datastage stp stage. but it specific for oracle database only.

please help me how to call teradata stored procedure using datastage-px

Thanks & Regards
Lakshmi[/quote]

Teradata Stored Procedures can only be executed thru the Server ODBC Stage (update action, call stored procedure). We opened this as an issue with IBM: they don't recommend using Teradata Stored Procedures until Hawk. We closed the issue, they only support Data Direct Drivers and we were using Teradata Drivers.
Pete Cundy
Consultant Hallmark Cards
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You can always write a script, test it out from command line and invoke it from before/after job subroutines 'ExecSH' or a few other places.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What does it do? Do you want to call it row by row, or only once per run? Can you invoke it from an operating system shell (or shell script) that invokes BTEQ? If so, why not encapsulate it that way and invoke the shell script from DataStage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.