setting up different config nodes for different jobs.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rick001
Participant

setting up different config nodes for different jobs.

Post by Rick001 »

Could anyone please tell me how we can assign different nodes for different jobs in the same project. If I look in the DS manager configurations, in the dropdown list there are many configurations created with different nodes. But whenever I run the job it is taking default (8 nodes), I want to assign 2 nodes for my job, how can I do that?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

In your job parameters add $APT_CONFIG_FILE (use Add Environment Variable). Set its default value to the special token $PROJDEF.

Change this parameter value when submitting a run job request to choose the configuration file that best meets the job's needs.

And, obviously, organize to have those configuration files exist. Your DataStage administrator will be able to assist here.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rick001
Participant

Post by Rick001 »

Never mind. I got the answer by searching through the forum. Thanks
Rick001
Participant

Post by Rick001 »

Thankyou. It helps.
sudharma
Participant

Post by sudharma »

Rick,

Can you please tell me what were your SEARCH KEY WORDS.

Thanks
Sudharma
Rick001
Participant

Post by Rick001 »

search words I used are nodes and configuration file. In addition to that I had also gone through help topics in the datastage with search word configuration file.
sudharma
Participant

Post by sudharma »

thank you very much Rick