surrogate key error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

via
Premium Member
Premium Member

surrogate key error

Post by via »

Hi,
We are using Datastage V 8.0.1 on Windows.One of the job is running successfully once, but if i run the same job again, its getting aborted.The error message is

Sur_Key_Gen,0: Internal Error: (newRange.min_ && newRange.max_): surrkey\keystate.C: 467

Any advice?
Thanks
Via
-------------------------------------
Learn all the way, as you Grow each Second
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Looks like the Surrogate Key Generator stage is having problems finding the range of key values that it must use to generate key values. Are you using a state file or a database table as your reference source for surrogate key values?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by via »

Thank you Ray..We are using state file as source for surrogate key values.
Via
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I can't find anything related to this error but then, as the error message states, it's an internal error. You need to report this to your support provider, ideally with a reproducible example. Perhaps the stage is not successfully writing the state file after the first run - have you checked that you have write permission to its directory and that it appears there after the first run?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by via »

Hi all,
Didnt get any answer from IBM regarding that surrogate key error.
I am wondering whether is it related to some APT_PM environmental variable? Why because i am getting this error everytime i get surrogate key error
main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(3, node3), player 4 - Unexpected exit status 1.

Any ideas on that APT_PM ? I searched in the IBM documentation, i found
APT_PM_DBX, APT_GDB, APT_PM_SHOW_PIDS, APT_PM_XLDB,APT_PM_XTERM , these are not at all related, i guess.

Any advices?

Thanks..
Via
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

None of these environment variables has anything to do with the Surrogate Key Generator stage.

If you want a long list of environment variables, look in Chapter 6 of the Parallel Job Advanced Developer's Guide