Datastage Oracle stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gd
Participant

Datastage Oracle stage

Post by gd »

Hi..

First time I am posting in this forum.

Actually I got struck up in one of my job in which I am using Oracle stage.

I am putting data into oracle database through oracle stage after processing it.It's a direct load into table through oracle stage.

Job is populating the table,but due to some data errors some of the records are getting rejected through oracle stage.This rejection of record is expected.

Problem is that after rejecting the data in oracle stage job is getting aborted.I donot have to bother about rejection of records as they are expected to get rejected.I just want job to report finished successfully.Is there any parameter need to be set for this?

Can anybody help me on this.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Welcome Aboard :)
How are you capturing the rejects? Are you using Oracle OCI stage or the enterprise stage? What is the warning limit set?
The rejections must be greater than the warning limit set which is 50 by default. If you capture the rejects, you should not be getting these warnings.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
gd
Participant

Hi

Post by gd »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am getting log file of the job in the Unix box.Through which I am able to find out number of recirds read,Number of records rejected and number of recirds loaded.

Can you please tell me from where I can set warning limit which you mentioned defaulted to 50 and is there any other way to capture these rejects in datastage.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You need to design your job to capture rejects. Nothing can be done for that at the unix level.
Warning limit is set while running the job, from command line, it will be dsjob -run -warn x.............where x is the number of warnings encountered before the job aborts.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
gd
Participant

Post by gd »

Thanks once again.

I will try setting through dsjob -run -warn.

I will get back tou you on that.
prashkvrk
Participant

Re: Datastage Oracle stage

Post by prashkvrk »

gd wrote:Hi..

First time I am posting in this forum.

Actually I got struck up in one of my job in which I am using Oracle stage.

I am putting data into oracle database through oracle stage after processing it.It's a direct load into table through oracle stage.

Job is populating the table,but due to some data errors some of the records are getting rejected through oracle stage.This rejection of record is expected.

Problem is that after rejecting the data in oracle stage job is getting aborted.I donot have to bother about rejection of records as they are expected to get rejected.I just want job to report finished successfully.Is there any parameter need to be set for this?

Can anybody help me on this.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi GD,
first of all v.sorry for a late reply for your topic, as i started using this forum only for d past 1month or so .I think by now your problem would have been resolved. if so u can just ignore this !
Well the rejects can be due to various reasons and the job is also aborting because of various reasons. Are you using look up stage?if so you would have set this property:
Condition not met as "fail" and lookup failure as "fail". may be if this true,yes your job would abort because look up is not happening. You give this option as continue. This would stop the job from aborting.

As far as capturing the rejects are concerned in your oracle stage in the set the property - Output reject Records as true. By doing this you can pull a ref.link and through a transformer/copy stage and giving it to a sequential file you can capture the rejects.

If the job is getting aborted because of too many number of warnings, better try to remove the warnings. Thats the best option.If u want to set that warnings limit, in your director log go to "options" then click on "limits". There you can give the limits for your warnigns.

Prasad
Raghavendra
Participant

Post by Raghavendra »

gd is your problem solved?