Dataset dose not exist

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thumati.praveen
Participant

Dataset dose not exist

Post by thumati.praveen »

Hi,

I am using in my job 4 datasets and funneling the 4 datasets and loading into database.Here the problem is if any of the dataset is not present the job is getting aboted...

Above 4 datasets were created by 4 different jobs.The problem is some of the jobs processing zero records.

If any of the above 4 datasets not present my database load job not get aborted...any idea

Thanks inadvance,
Pravin.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is not possible, it seems, to create a Data Set with zero records. Add a dummy row to each, and ignore it when processing. Submit an enhancement request to IBM, through here or through your support provider.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
thumati.praveen
Participant

Post by thumati.praveen »

ray.wurlod wrote:It is not possible, it seems, to create a Data Set with zero records. Add a dummy row to each, and ignore it when processing. Submit an enhancement request to IBM, through here or through your suppo ...
If i create the dummy record for each dataset every time it will append in the target database.That means it will create duplicates in target,but duplicate records not allowed in my target table the job wil automatically abort.Bcoz i am not using any transformer in between datasets and database stage.

Kindregards,
Pravin
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

Use a before job subroutine and concatenate all the 4 files into one, and use the this file as an input to the job.

In the after job subroutine delete the data set the is temporarily created.

Even one data set does not exist this will not create any prob.
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728