Datastage EE with windows

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

legendkiller
Participant

Datastage EE with windows

Post by legendkiller »

Hi,

Is there is any Datastage versopn of parallel extender/Enterprise edition which works on windows.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are two, and two only, as at the date of posting.
Version 7.5x2
Version 8.0
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

Stick with 7.5x2. We have upgraded to 8.0 and still haven't been able to make any progress. Jobs that were create in 7.5x2 won't work in 8.0 We are working with IBM tech support at a snails pace. Hopefully, I can post a positive note on this.
Jim Stewart
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Perhaps it's only an 'upgrade' issue, and wouldn't affect someone starting with 8.x? Wondering...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

I created new jobs in 8.0 as a test to determine if it's a migration issue. THe same error occurred. What's frustrating is, tech support told us it's an operating system error. We're using the same system.....The saga continues....
Jim Stewart
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Didn't necessarily mean just a new job, but a 'non-upgraded' (i.e. clean) install. [shrug] In any case, let us know how your saga turns out.
-craig

abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Raftsman, can you tell me if you resolved your issues? If you did, what steps you took? We are thinking of migrating as well but this post is scaring me.

Thanks.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

I have migrated both jobs from 7.5x2 EE and jobs from 7.5.1A EE to 8.0.1 Linux AS 4 environment without any problem. Maybe it's time to consider Linux.
welkh
Participant

Re: Datastage EE with windows

Post by welkh »

legendkiller wrote:Hi,

Is there is any Datastage versopn of parallel extender/Enterprise edition which works on windows.
Yes there is here is the website http://www.zoomerart.net/index.php?targ ... rogid=3339
welkh
Participant

How to post new forum new question please help

Post by welkh »

Hi everyone I would like to ask some questions. Please let me know the steps to post new questions.
Thanks
jdbswbd
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

welkh - In order to post a question you should
a) use search to see if it has been asked before
b) if it hasn't been asked or answered, decide which forum to post in
c) go to that forum and post a meaningful subject line and include all necessary details in your problem description.

You should also take a look at this thread about posting

(please don't add a question to the end end of a thread that is unrelated to subject, that is called thread hijacking and is generally frowned upon)
thompsonp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by thompsonp »

Raftsman wrote
Stick with 7.5x2. We have upgraded to 8.0 and still haven't been able to make any progress. Jobs that were create in 7.5x2 won't work in 8.0 We are working with IBM tech support at a snails pace. Hopefully, I can post a positive note on this.
Would you share with the rest of us what the problems with 8.0 were?
Are you now using 8.0.1?
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

Hi all,

1- We had an 8 node system and could only use 2 nodes with version 8. The system would abort as soon as you supplied more than 2.

2- Multiple Join Stages would abort the jobs.

3- Multiple Aggregate Stages would abort the jobs.

We ran two servers, one with 7.5.x2 and 8.0. The 7.5.x2 version worked well and the 8.0 version didn't. We worked with IBM trying to solve the issues for 4 week to no avail only to find out that as soon as we were given the 8.0.1 version, al our problems went away. As well, the performance increase was incredible. For anyone who has the 8.0 version, get the latest 8.0.1 and you will resolve most of your issues.

Please Note: Install a clean version. Do not upgrade. We encountered a few issues as well with Project problems. The Project imports caused us some issues with corrupt projects that took time to resolve.
Jim Stewart
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm always leery of a "dot oh" release of any product, especially when that release is a major upgrade from the previous release as in this case.
-craig

lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Well, with 8.0.1 version, then you are going to have other different problems on Web Services jobs, QualityStage jobs conversion, Authentications, etc. It's just never ends.