Copy Stage Error with Oracle Enterprise

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lfong
Premium Member
Premium Member

Copy Stage Error with Oracle Enterprise

Post by lfong »

I am using the Oracle Enterprise source with copy stage to copy Oracle data to a staging area. On the character data, I am getting the following error when looking at the log file:
Record xxxx: Rejected - Error on table xxxxxx, column xxxxxx.
ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column.
Director error message: IIS-DSEE-TFPM-00040 Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk [processmgr\rtpexecutil.C:171]
I imported the source and target definitions and compared the two. The target and source definitions are the same.
Any solutions?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How did you import the table definitions? Try using the Orchestrate orchdbutil facility.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lfong
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by lfong »

Ray,
I used the oracle plug in metadata definitions for the source and target tables.
What is the Orchestrate orchdbutil facility
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Under the Import > Table Definitions menu you will find Orchestrate as one of the options. On the dialog that is opened you will find that the third option is to import a database table using the orchdbutil facility.

You can learn more about orchdbutil in the Orchestrate Users Guide, for example if you want to use it as a command line tool.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lfong
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by lfong »

It seems that the problem is only with character data. The target field definition is larger than the source.
On the table definition for the target, the final delimeter is set to none, record delimeter string is set to DOS format, record length is fixed.
vick
Participant

Post by vick »

Is your target Seq File?

Is the column nullable?

If "yes" to both then change the column datatype to "Varchar" and in the "Edit Column Metadata" specify "Null handling".

HTH
vick
lfong
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by lfong »

stopping and starting the DS engine resolved the problem.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why did it resolve the problem? What exactly was the problem?