Incorrect values retrieved from Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

agrvikrant
Participant

Incorrect values retrieved from Oracle

Post by agrvikrant »

Hello,

We have developed a PX job that retrieves around 2 million records from a Oracle Table. We find that when we run this query some fields defined as BigInt are not retrieving proper values. For eg a field with value 9 in Oracle is shown as 9130. This is happening for some records and not all the records. If we put additional filters to restrict the number of rows to a smaller value, we get proper data. It would be of great help if someone can help me in solving this problem.

Some of the fields are defined as decimal (10) in Oracle. The metadata imported in DataStage shows them as BigInt. Can this be cause of problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vikrant
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Welcome Aboard
What stage are you using to pull the data? How did you import the table definition? If you do a select * from your favourite sql tool (TOAD or oracle developer) do you see the same behaviour?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
agrvikrant
Participant

Post by agrvikrant »

Hi,

We are using Oracle Enterprise Stage to pull the data. Metadata was imported using Orchestrate. Whenwe viewed this data from TOAD it was completely fine.

Thanks,
Vikrant
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What if you change the BIGINT to integer within Oracle Enterprise stage. Does that fix your problem?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
agrvikrant
Participant

Post by agrvikrant »

Yes we have tried it. It doesnt help, gave same result.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try importing the table definition using Orchestrate orchdbutil facility, which is known to be more accurate.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
_chamak
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by _chamak »

ray.wurlod wrote:Try importing the table definition using Orchestrate orchdbutil facility, which is known to be more accurate.
Hi, I am also facing the same error. I have straight forward job

Dataset ------> Copy---------->Oracle Table.

I am using Oracle Connector stage. My source is Bigint and the target is Integer.

For few records like example 4183 is in the source and in the target I am seeing 418333.

Did you find any resolution for this.
I am using DS 8.1

Thanks in Advance
-Thanks
Chamak
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

If you try to put a 64-bit integer into a 32-bit field, you can expect to run into some problems. Start a new topic if you need to...
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
pnpmarques
Participant

Post by pnpmarques »