Using Zoned DataType Fields

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

imbos123
Charter Member
Charter Member

Using Zoned DataType Fields

Post by imbos123 »

Hi,

I get a file from mainframe. Its a fixed length file. There is a amount field which is of zoned data type.
My requirement is to aggregate this data and out put that in zoned data type format.

Which datatypes should I use in Datastage? I believe I cannot use decimal data type for adding zoned data type data. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Look into sequential file stage. It has property of ebcidic to ascii in its properties, under format tab. See if that works.
Else use server job as it has a function that converts PicS9 to ascii. That will work for you as I looked at zoned sample data hereand its the same as as PicS9. I have done this in a server job.
Else if you have to have to, absolutely have to, stick to a px job then its not hard to write a C routine to do this for you. The rules are defined in the embeded link.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Would not the CFF stage handle these? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A Complex Flat File stage has the inherent capacity to handle most mainframe data types, whether display or computational, including signed and unsigned, zoned, packed, etc.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.