Job scheduling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job scheduling

Post by devsonali »

Hi all

I am new to datastage and this is my first post in the form , Can anybody please explain how do I do job scheduling with unix shell scripts?

Thanks
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Please 'search' to find loads of answers.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Welcome Aboard :)
Please be advised that most of the common topics have been discussed in detail. Utilize the searchfacility extensively.
You need to identify your inhouse enterprise scheduler. Get in touch with them. They will help you set this up.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'll need to leverage the dsjob command line command in your UNIX script (and it should be a generic script that all jobs can use) and then schedule that via your Enterprise Scheduling software.

You'll find a couple of such scripts posted here and much discussion on the subject.

You'll also find a complete discussion of 'dsjob' in the Server Job Developer's Job pdf in the Command Line Interface section.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers