List of processes - Sun Solaris

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rockz
Participant

List of processes - Sun Solaris

Post by rockz »

Hello together!

My problem is that i have to figure out what processes are startet from EE (Sun Solaris). I need it for our monitor-guys. Is there a place where i can find something about that? I searched in the forum but found nothing.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

Ralf
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

From Director client you can use the Cleanup Resources tool.

For an individual parallel job you can set the APT_PM_SHOW_PIDS environment variable.

Or you can get in to the DataStage environment on the server in a project directory and execute the DS.TOOLS menu. Invoke the sub-menu to work with processes and locks, and there choose the option to list all processes. You will need to do this in each project on the server.

For a global approach, from the > prompt execute the following commands.

Code: Select all

LOGTO DS

PORT.STATUS
The PORT.STATUS command will take a while to gather the required information, so be patient. To exit from the DataStage environment enter the command QUIT.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Run "prstat -a" on Solaris. Server jobs show under process name "uvsh", PX jobs under "osh". You can do a ps and figure the rest out from there.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
rockz
Participant

Post by rockz »

Hi Ray!

Thank you very much for the answer. Unfortunatelly i can't read the complete post because i am not a premium-member (i will be it in the future), but I don't need the processes from individual jobs - only the processes startet by the datastage-server.

Kind regards
Ralf
rockz
Participant

Post by rockz »

Hello kcbland!
kcbland wrote:Run "prstat -a" on Solaris. Server jobs show under process name "uvsh", PX jobs under "osh". You can do a ps and figure the rest out from there.
Great! That's it!

Thank's a lot!

Regards

Ralf
AaronVG
Participant

Post by AaronVG »

We do a very similar collection for our Capacity Planning/Demand Management for DataStage servers:

osh
OshExecuter\\.sh
uvsh.*

Then we tie each of those to the Username associated with the Project.

Owner + Process = Project.

That way we can track the resource consumption of a project. Which is what we need to do as we have several production DataStage servers with over 12000 jobs in 70-some projects.

If you are using BMC Performance Assurance I can post some sample Workload/Transaction/User definitions.
<<<>>>
My opinions are just that.