Lookup Stage Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lookup Stage Error

Post by kashif007 »

I am getting a following error in my job.

Lookup_53,0: Failed a keylookup for record.
Lookup_53,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.

Everything in job looks ok to me but its not working. I am reading two sequential files doing a lookup between them using Lookup stage using a common column between both the files. The job gets aborted with the error mentioned above. Can anyone help me with this.
Regards
Kashif Khan
rajngt
Participant

Post by rajngt »

Check for the lookup failure condition in the Lookup stage properties.. It must be Failed... Based on your requirement choose a option from it....
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

The first warning suggests that the key value in the lookup data has duplicates. Either remove duplicate or handle the duplicate with the option avaialbe in Lookup. And for the second error, "Lookup failure" options aviable in lookup stage.
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kashif007 »

Yeh that work, another question that I have is if i am doing a lookup and something does not match then can I do a Reject using Lookstage in the constraint. Will the reject fetch all the columns alligned as the same other output is.
Regards
Kashif Khan
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

If think it uses the column definition of the Primary Input Link and you won't be able to change them.
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This error (abort) has occurred because your "Lookup Failed" rule is set to "Fail". Reference rows are not consumed by a Lookup stage so there is no way, using this stage, to determine which keys were touched. Use a Merge stage instead if you need this functionality.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.