DEV to PROD ISSUE IN JOB SEQUENCE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sudharma
Participant

DEV to PROD ISSUE IN JOB SEQUENCE

Post by sudharma »

Hi Everyone,

My Sequence has 15 jobs and they all run fine on DEV. For these jobs the Warning limit is set to NO LIMIT. ( Earlier on DEV, my 7 th job in the sequence used to abort after 50 warnings, although there the Warning limit is set to NO LIMIT in the Director as well as in the Designer. My Sequence runs for about 8 times daily. the first time it runs, all the jobs run fine. From the second run onwards, the 7 th job in my sequence aborts because it has exceeded 50 warnings, although the limit is set to NO LIMIT). I just renamed the sequence and the 7 th job did not abort anytime. i did a test for 6 continious runs on my QA box.

i did an export and then an import on PROD from QA and i have the problem again. The Sequence runs just fine for the first time. from the second run, the 7 th job in the sequence aborts again. when i reset this job and run again, it runs just fine.

would there be any thing wrong on my PROD box ??

please suggest

thank you
sudharma
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The problem you've been having has never made a whole lotta sense. At this point, I'd suggest you contact Support and get some 'official' help with the issue. And then let us know what it turns out to be, of course.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sudharma
Participant

Post by sudharma »

Craig,

i am in touch with the support and they promised me a patch. i will keep you updated when i get this resolved .

thanks