Job should reset after it runs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sudharma
Participant

Job should reset after it runs

Post by sudharma »

Hi Everyone,

I have 15 jobs in my Sequence. Is there a way that i can reset my 7 th job after in runs successfully in the sequence.

( I want to reset this 7 th job because , this 7 th job runs fine when i run my Sequence for the first time . in the second sequence run, this job gets aborted after 50 warnigs although i have set the warning limit to NO LIMIT in the Director. when i reset this job and when i run the sequence again , it runs just fine. ) so i am trying a way to reset this job when it runs every time so that it does not abort. Let me know if i am not clear.

Kindly suggest

thank you
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What are you getting these warnings on your second run? Try to fix it rather than ignoring it and finding your way around it. Inside the job activity you have run option as "Reset and then run" or something to that effect. Choose that for the 7th job.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4geeks »

DSguru2B wrote:What are you getting these warnings on your second run? Try to fix it rather than ignoring it and finding your way around it. Inside the job activity you have run option as "Reset and then run" or something to that effect. Choose that for the 7th job.
I do not mean to hijack this thread, but I did find the option to "reset and run" for the job activity. Thats helpful.

However, if we have a server job alone, should it not have an option to "reset and run" so that when we fix the issue and try running it, it should reset itself and run?

Thanks for your time...
Attitude is everything....
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Depends if you have that coded in your control.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
sudharma
Participant

Post by sudharma »

Hi Everyone,

I just renamed the sequence and ran the whole sequence and now i dont see this job abort in my 7 th job . the 7 th job dose not abort any more. i dont know if the old sequence was corrupted.

the IBM support promised me some patch. i will try that and update you.

i just export the category and import them in PROD. i dont use a version control or any kind of migration tool to switch jobs between environments . suggest me if this is a good practice or not while moving jobs between DEV QA and PROD .

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If it runs successfully it does not need to be reset.
sudharma wrote:I want to reset this 7 th job because , this 7 th job runs fine when i run my Sequence for the first time .
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.