hi

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ashok99
Participant

hi

Post by ashok99 »

hi all tel me the commanly used unix commands in Datastage plz.

Thanku.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Ashok,

Welcome Aboard :)
You can use any unix command through Datastage.
Are you looking for something specific?
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Welcome Aboard
No unix commands are commonly used. Its on a per required basis.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

exit is very commonly used.

I know Hyderabad is in the southern half of India, but you don't need to adopt a Southern US accent ("all" meaning "y'all"). Do you really want ALL 16000+ participants to reply to your query?!!

And "plz" is more likely to be a town in the Balkans than a word in English.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Hi Ray,

One request, if you don't like the way statements are constructed please mention those but don't mention your own understandings like "Hydrabad is souther half of india" which results the users feel badly. Moreover English is common language and every one might have their own style, No need to mention that US english is different from UK.Ofcourse i am not from Hydrabad, Suggestions are always welcome but it shouldn't hurt others and No offends please. Don't take me in the other way.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What Ray and others generally looking for in this community is to maintain a simple English, and not SMS type English. Eg 'plz', 'u' , 'r' , 'c' etc.
As yourself noted, not many people have their native language as English. So its would be difficult form them to understand these languages. Lets all join together to maintain a professional language in this (not dis) community.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Excatly. But it should be applicable to all. In some of the posts people who are pointing now did the same thing and it happened recently. Kumar you mentioned in some of the post saying Wait for OP or something like OP. People like us don't understand that and by seeing this they will think they can write abbreviations. Don't take me in the other way.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Thanks for your comments and suggestion. OP is generally referred the original poster. It is officially use in other technical forums as well. Rather than referring the Original poster as he or she, where the gender is not easily knows with their crypted user name. eg yours: oacvb . OP will be used.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You may have noticed by now that, when I criticize something, I use dark red rather than the default colour.

Yes, I was trying to make two points about sloppy use of English - it wouldn't really matter whether the poster was from any English-speaking nation, I would have felt enjoined to make the same point. And I believe that the vagaries of the Southern US dialect are fairly universally known.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Ashok, I wish you will get back soon so that we will be back on track again. :wink:
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

.....and another piece of advice, please give sensible headings to posts. It's meaningful heading will help duruing future searches.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hi!
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ashok99
Participant

specific unix command

Post by ashok99 »

narasimha wrote:Ashok,

Welcome Aboard :)
You can use any unix command through Datastage.
Are you looking for something specific?
Thanks Narshima,
How to view the particular job executables in Unix command.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Executables are in binary internal code. You wont be able to view it. Why do you want to do that?
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: specific unix command

Post by sud »

It doesn't matter whether I said 'waaa' in english or some other language when I was born, but I am sure it matters to all of us whether this place is and stays clean and useful. I think that's the only point. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially people who have taken the pain of investing the time for replying to thousands of posts ... can sometimes go red !!
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.