Parallel stage Operators

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mehimadri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Parallel stage Operators

Post by mehimadri »

can anybody give a overview on the Orchestrate operators and the bespoke operators., what they mean individually and why/how they are used.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Himadri,

Welcome to Dsxchange :D !!!

OSH engine is what used for Datastage PX. For each stage there is one or more Orchestrate operators operates in orchestrate engine. For example, Sort stage will have tsort operator to sort the data in Orchestrate. There is another operator called psort for similar other purpose.
If stages are called from jobs, the underlying operators are operated during runtime.
You can learn more in Orchestrate guide.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... in particular the Orchestrate Operators manual.

These do not ship with DataStage. You can search the forum to find a link to a web site from which you can download them. Make sure you get the right version for your DataStage (e.g. 7.5 or 7.1).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mehimadri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mehimadri »

Hi , i serached but couldnt find it (tried in this forum+google), can anyone plz send me a link to download it.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

It depends on how well you search it. :wink:
Click here.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Searching for this. :wink:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Kumar beat me to it. :wink:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Its was in my favorite. :wink: