Jobs keeps running even though the Mload has failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sakthi_Sst
Participant

Jobs keeps running even though the Mload has failed

Post by Sakthi_Sst »

Hi All,

Issue : The Jobs keeps running even though the Mload has failed.

1.I am loading a table through a Mulitload stage in datastage

2.Due to some reasons if the Multiload fails and the Mulitload log shows an error code, the job doesnt abort it keeps on running.

3.After seeing the Mload log i have to abort the job manually.

4.The data volume does not matter.

Any Workarounds?

Regards,
Sakthi
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

One work around would be, call the job, through a JobSequence. You can have the trigger condition to pass only if has Ok (not Warning nor FatalError).
But straight forward method is to find the reason why its giving out error and why the job is not aborting,
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the job REALLY still running, or has it aborted but not been able to reset its status file (from which Director obtains the status)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sakthi_Sst
Participant

Post by Sakthi_Sst »

Sorry for posting it in the wrong forum.

Kumar,

I cannot go for a sequence for every job since i have almost 60 - 70 jobs.

Ray,

The job keeps on running it doesnt get aborted,even in the designer.

From my perspective,some communication gap between the Teradata Mload and Datastage.

Is that anything i need to do, to fill it up?

Regards,
Sakthi
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I ment to say JobActivity for each job and set of jobs in a JobSequence.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What you see in Director is not the actual status but the last reported status. If the job has failed without being able to update its status to DataStage, it will appear to be running forever. Clear the status file in this case.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sakthi_Sst
Participant

Post by Sakthi_Sst »

Ray,

I have cleaned up the resources in director,then also it runs fine for once or twice then again it just keeps on saying it is running where as Mulitload has failed.

Kumar,

This job is already called in an Sequencer even the sequencer keeps on runnnig waiting for the status from the job.

Regards,
Sakthi
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What you see in log? Do you see the error message from Mload and will it hang just after that?
It may be due to some lock held in database or a response waiting from database.
Do check the background process in database when the job hangs. Also do post the logs that you feel will be useful to analysis.
nishadkapadia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nishadkapadia »

Has this problem at one of the clients,Alternatvely, one can get the o/p into a sequential file and call multiload via a separate script