Max of date from Aggregator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srini.dw
Premium Member
Premium Member

Max of date from Aggregator

Post by srini.dw »

Hi,

I'am having 2 inputs in Aggreagator Stage
i. PERSON_K (Integer)
ii. SRC_EFF_Y (Date)

Sort method has kept to Hash
Partitioning set to Auto.
Column is grouped by 'Person_K' & calculation is done for SRC_EFF_Y.
i.,e Max. value output column
I have changed the column name at the o/p of aggregator stage to the other than what I have in i/p i.,e SRC_EFF_Y_TEST

But still getting Fatal error as
Agg: Error when checking operator: When binding input interface field "SRC_EFF_Y" to field "SRC_EFF_Y": No default type conversion from type "date" to type "dfloat".

Thanks
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

See if thispost helps.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All Aggregator stage calculation columns generate data type dfloat.

Try converting the date to Julian and getting the max of that, then converting back to any desired date format.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
TonyInFrance
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by TonyInFrance »

Old topic (I know) but I had to go through this (and other similar ones) since I was looking for a solution.

On a hunch I tried the option Preserve type = True within the Aggregator itself....worked fine...:-) No more warnings / aborts.

Basically what happens I guess is on choosing to preserve the datatype the output of the aggregator remains in iys source format.
Tony
BI Consultant - Datastage