replacement for Oracle OCI

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

replacement for Oracle OCI

Post by kirankota79 »

Is there any replacement for Oracle OCI in parallel job? The table that is working with Oracle OCI in server job ...is not working with ODBC stage in parallel job. I have a problem with a column with a name "TIME_STAMP" for which the datastage is importing as LonVarBinary datatype instead of timestamp. When i changed it to datatype TIMESTAMP in server job, it is working.......but the samething i have done in parallel job...it is not working...saying that filed doesn't exist. I must do this job with parallel job...no other way.

help is appreciated...
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Use "Oracle Enterprise" stage.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Import your table using orchestrate 'orchbutil'. Thats more accurate.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

i dont have select privileges on dba tables. They have given me the privilege only on the schema iam working. Is it necessary for orchbutil to have select privileges on dba or system tables?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not only that, it's also necessary for correct function of the Oracle Enterprise stage. So you must demand these SELECT privileges.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I dont think orchbutil needs those extra priveliges. Its just the Enterprise stage. You can import with just access to that schema.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Oracle's Date field has Timestamp portion in it. Datastage, has Date and Timestamp as different datatypes. You can pick the best close datatype for your requirement.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'