Error while compiling a job with transformer.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Roopanwita
Participant

Error while compiling a job with transformer.

Post by Roopanwita »

Hi,
I have Datastage 7.5.2, installed on Windows XP. I am trying to compile a simple job involving file--> transformer ---> file. But I am unable to compile it. Error which I am getting is

Warning: the PWD environment variable is not defined. Remote process startup may be unsuccessful as a result.If your ORCHESTRATE job does not start up correctly, please set your PWD variable to a value that will work on all nodes of your system.

##E TBLD 000000 13:08:35(000) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 256

##W TFCP 000000 13:08:35(002) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0"is less than the number of input datasets "1".

##W TBLD 000000 13:08:35(003) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: cxx: file 'C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/etc/cxx.ccg': The system cannot find the file specified.

##I TFCP 000008 13:08:35(004) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: cxx -O -IC:/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/include -W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c C:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/HorizonDev/RT_BP52.O/V0S3_test1_Transformer_3.C -o C:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/HorizonDev/RT_BP52.O/V0S3_test1_Transformer_3.tmp.o

##E TCOS 000029 13:08:35(005) <main_program> Creation of step finished with status = FAILED (test1.Transformer_3)

This problem we are getting only for transformer stage. For other stage (viz Aggregator, Join, copy) its working fine. Do I have to reinstall the server. Please suggest.
Thanks,
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Roopanwita,
Welcome to Dsxchange :D !!!
This is the forum where you can get most of the issues sorted by simple search.
Try inserting an Environmental variable in Adminstrator clinet as PWD and assign your project folder directory to it. Or '.' as value to mention it as current working directory.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Roopanwita
Participant

Post by Roopanwita »

Hi I have created one Env variable in Administrator called PWD (but I am not sure what should be the value for it). I think error is because we are trying to run Parallel extender on windows xp. I think we should have Unix as our OS to support DS functionality. As we are getting following error:

##W TBLD 000000 13:08:35(003) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: cxx: file 'C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/etc/cxx.ccg': The system cannot find the file specified.

Thanks,
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What is the version of the Datastage you are woking on?
7.5x2 is the only Windows supported PX version. Have you installed your C++ compiler succesfully?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

And check what does APT_COMPILER and APT_LINKER variable hold?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I don't think that the correct c++ compiler from Visual Studio is installed. the path to "cxx" is in the MKS toolkit directory, which can't be right.