Not Able to view the Oracle Table Data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iamnagus
Participant

Not Able to view the Oracle Table Data

Post by iamnagus »

Hi,

I installed Datastage 7.5 version on windows 2000 professional on personal computer. Oracle is 9i.

I am able to import to table defintion in the job from oracle table but could not view the data. The following error is getting.

" emp_read.oracle_oci_0:ora-12154:tns could not resolve service name. emp_read.oracle_oci_0,dslink1:dsp.open gci$dsp.open error_100. "

Could any one guide me whether i missed out any settings???

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
iamnagus
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

The schema name that you have specified in the designer is not available in tnsnames.ora. If you are passing it as any parameter, check it by hardcoding it.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
venkycool
Participant

Re: Not Able to view the Oracle Table Data

Post by venkycool »

Hi,

Please let me know what option did u choose while installing Oracel 9i..there is atleast 6 options to choose like eg: Oracle for Datawarehouse or something like that...Please choose the option Oracle tor Datawarehouse when u install next time if only u using the Database for Datawarehouse. Why am saying this is, this option will have all the related dw files and schema level files so that it can read. Try if u install again.
Suriv
No one is perfect... that's why pencils have erasers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Etiquette Note
I don't think anyone called "u" installed anything. In English (the preferred languate here at DSXchange), the second person personal pronoun is spelled "you".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.