Extra columns appearing, even when not being directed there.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vivekreddy
Participant

Extra columns appearing, even when not being directed there.

Post by vivekreddy »

Hi.

I am using a transformer to perform some validations, and then processing all error datasets using a funnel stage, which then links to a single error dataset.
When I am running the job, I am getting the following warnings.

fnlEXPDTL0Err: When checking operator: Defaulting "ACCESSID" in transfer from "inRec" to "outRec".
fnlEXPDTL0Err: When checking operator: Defaulting "MASTERID" in transfer from "inRec" to "outRec".
fnlEXPDTL0Err: When checking operator: Defaulting "RRN" in transfer from "inRec" to "outRec".

However, I am not passing these columns to the funnel at all. When I tried to use a Modify stage to drop these columns (I know it is stupid, but what the heck, I had to try something!), the above warnings went away, but in their place, came the following warnings.

xfmEXPDTL0: When checking operator: On output data set 3: The modify operator drops field "ACCESSID" which is not present in output interface.
xfmEXPDTL0: When checking operator: On output data set 3: The modify operator drops field "MASTERID" which is not present in output interface.
xfmEXPDTL0: When checking operator: On output data set 3: The modify operator drops field "RRN" which is not present in output interface.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue?
Regards,
Vivek D. Reddy

Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Are you sure all the input stream to the funnel stage have exactly the same metadata?
Check if you have RCP enabled, if so disable it.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You almost certainly have runtime column propagation enabled. This is causing columns to "appear from nowhere". Disable RCP to fix that problem.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Vivek,
If resolved, could you post the step that you did to overcome this warning. It will be useful for future searchers.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vivekreddy
Participant

Post by vivekreddy »

Sorry for the delay in the reply. I had RCP enabled, and disabled it to resolve the problem. Thanks for the assistance.
Regards,
Vivek D. Reddy