error with shared container

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

error with shared container

Post by kirankota79 »

I giving 2 inputs to a lookupstage. One is output of a shared container and the other is the db2 source. When i compile the job, iam getting the following error

Link meta data must be consistent in order to use Shared Container 'ConvertFunction'
Link types must match.
Names of columns on the container stage link must be identical to, or a superset of,
those on the mapped link.

But the metadata in the shared container and the metadata in the job that iam calling container is exactly same. The input side of the container is OK..but for the output side of the container in the job, iam getting the above error. Again i want to tell is that the metadata is exactly the same....can anybody help me?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Some people like mysteries, but not us. Please post how you resolved this issue, the better to assist future searchers who are trying to solve the same question.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.