Teradata_Enterprise issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xli
Charter Member
Charter Member

Teradata_Enterprise issue

Post by xli »

Hi, All

I try to use Teradata Enterprise Stage to insert data, I set correct user name and password in job properties, also add user defined variables in DS Administrator Environment variable. I can compile this job without any problem. but while run, it aborted along with error message below :

Teradata_Enterprise_5: TeraSync:DB Call Error(success check) Info = 0, Code = 3003, Message = Invalid password.error code = 1
TeraSync:DB Call Error(success check) Info = 0, Code = 3003, Message = Invalid password. error code = 1
DBCAREA msg_txt: Completed successfully. CLI Error Message: Completed successfully.
APT_TeraSync::connect: connect (0) failed. server = " abc01", Default db = "PTEMP"
", user = "dummy1", password = "****"

I can log into Teradatabase using this user name and password. also, I ensure that I typed correct password in the job parameters.

Does anybody experience this problem before ? can anybody advice any solution ?

Thanks in advance

xli
Sakthi_Sst
Participant

Re: Teradata_Enterprise issue

Post by Sakthi_Sst »

Hi,

Try running the job with hardcoded Username,password in the stage rather than suppling it through Parameters.
Sakthi
sudeepmantri
Participant

Re: Teradata_Enterprise issue

Post by sudeepmantri »

Hi, are u using correct database to log in to? We have a Property called Database in terada Enterprise to submit the database name? are u passing that value? Double check the parameters passed from the DSJobs. After checking all that try to view data by clicking on the view data in the Enterprise stage itself......Or else as was suggested, u can hardcode the values in UID n PWD fields and see whether u r able to view data before running the job......
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

have you modified td.env file and made an entry there?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Does your password have any special characters like ($) ?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.