Problem reading XML files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kondeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem reading XML files

Post by kondeti »

Hi Everyone

I need to access XML files but I am very new to XML stage. My problem is whenever i try to import the metadata from XML meta data importer. I am unable to see the unix directories. by default it is showing windows directories. but my DataStage server configured in UNIX. All my source XML files are in UNIX only. plz help me on this.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The Manager is a Client tool and so can only 'see' local files on your PC. The solution is simple - transfer the files to your PC first.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kondeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kondeti »

If manager is a client tool then why it showing the unix directories when i was accessing flat files why not XML files.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

[sigh] Because that particular function is built to connect to the same server your Project resides on. The XML Meta Data Importer is a separate client tool the Manager spawns which only has connectivity to your local PC.

Or, if you can find a syntax that works, there is the 'Open From the Web' file option. I've tried various versions of "file://server/dir/file.xsd" with no luck. Found it easiest to just transfer it to my PC first.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers