Difference stage is gives out empty or Null values

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venkateskg
Participant

Difference stage is gives out empty or Null values

Post by venkateskg »

I am having before and after dataset. Using difference stageg. I am getting out put in DataSet. What ever the copy data (old data) is coming as its with diff code value. But for Insert data (1 new record) all the values are empty with diff code value. my column names are same in before and after dataset.

before dataset
key Val1
10 SAM

after dataset
key Val1
10 SAM
30 JIL

output from diff stage is
key Val1 diff
10 SAM 2
NULL NULL 0

What is the issue here? I tried changing the link order and RCP's. Still output either NULL for new rows or Empty
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

How are you setting the options? Are you doing something like this.

Code: Select all

Drop Output for Insert = False
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
joetan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by joetan »

us1aslam1us wrote:How are you setting the options? Are you doing something like this.

Code: Select all

Drop Output for Insert = False
Hi,

I've the setting above and hitting the same problem with new rows inserted all coming out as null. In addition, I have the following warning msg for each field

TestP: When checking operator: When binding output schema variable "outRec": When binding output interface field "ZKABCD" to field "ZKABCD": Implicit conversion from source type "ustring[max=6]" to result type "ustring[max=3]": Possible truncation of variable length string.

Appreciate any help on this.

Rdgs
Joe