fast dsx

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fmartinsferreira
Participant

fast dsx

Post by fmartinsferreira »

I have 350 jobs in my project.

70 parallel and 280 others.

I need to generate a ".dsx" with only the parallel jobs.

What is the best way to do this?

I know that I can generate by Manager, but is very hard append 1 by 1.

I there any DataStage Administrator command, TCL prompt, that can I do this fast?

Regards,

Fernando
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Fernando,
I think I would create a complete export .DSX file with all the jobs, then remove all non-parallel jobs from the export file - either by writing a DS job to do this or a macro in my favorite text editor (EMACS, since I can barely call up and exit VI)

In the .DSX export file each job starts with the line "BEGIN DSJOB" and ends with the line "END DSJOB". In each of these blocks there is a line that reads 'JobType "3"' for PX jobs and 'JobType "2"' for Server jobs.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Excellent advice. :wink:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use categories. Segregate the parallel jobs using categories. Export only those categories.

You can drag/drop jobs between categories - you could even restore them to their original locations later. 70 is not a huge number.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
fmartinsferreira
Participant

Post by fmartinsferreira »

ray.wurlod wrote:Use categories. Segregate the parallel jobs using categories. Export only those categories.

You can drag/drop jobs between categories - you could even restore them to their original locations lat ...
Thanks,

Fernando