Failed to connect to host - UV( internal error 39202)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

KY
Participant

Failed to connect to host - UV( internal error 39202)

Post by KY »

Hi
When I try to open the project from DataStage Client, I get the following error:

Failed to connect to host: 'IP Address', project : UV ( Internal error (39202))

Has anyone came across this problem in the past ? Unable to diagnose the problem. Appreciate your help !

- KY
arnabdey
Participant

Post by arnabdey »

Please check the IP address of the DataStage Server and whether the server is running or not. Also check whether the port number is the default one or not.
Arnab
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Welcome Aboard,
Do an exact search on "Failed to connect to host" for many more posts and suggestions.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
KY
Participant

Failed to connect to host - UV Internal error ( 39202)

Post by KY »

Arnab, DSguru
Thanks for your responses !
The server IS running. I am able to log on to the server using telnet and putty. DataStage services are running as well... checked using 'netstat -a | grep ds' command. And the port being used is the default one '31538'.

Little background: We were running DS 7.5 on AIX 5.3 and attempted to upgrade to 7.5.1a yesterday afternoon. Upgrade was not successful, so we had to restore our filesystems from backups from the preivous night. We also did a server reboot.

So..at this point, not sure what could be the issue...

- Kalpana
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you sure you completely deleted all the 7.5.1A objects before restoring from backup?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.