Issue with timestamp

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gopskrish
Participant

Issue with timestamp

Post by gopskrish »

Hi,

I am using Parallel Job and I want to insert timestamp value into Sybase database.
My timestamp value should be currentdatetime() - 5 (5 hours).

Since we are loading the value from our dev server which is using GMT
But our other server which is using EST is picking up these records based on Update date time. So, when i load from our dev server i should detect five hours from the time, i load my jobs.
Please throw some light if anyone of you have some solution.

Thanks in advance.

gop
I am verymuch interested to learn an ETL tool and i find datastage as the best one to do so.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Issue with timestamp

Post by I_Server_Whale »

gopskrish wrote:Hi,

So, when i load from our dev server i should detect five hours from the time, i load my jobs.
Please throw some light if anyone of you have some solution.
I didn't get that. "detect five hours from the time"????

Did you mean 'deduct'? Clarify.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What is your source system? If it is a database then you can do the subtraction in the sql query itself. Most databases have built in timestamp manipulation functions.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.