dsjob returns 141, when does this happen?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bvishwanathr
Participant

dsjob returns 141, when does this happen?

Post by bvishwanathr »

We have a job sequence which contains some 10-12 jobs set to execute one after the other.

We run the sequence from a script using the dsjob command:
$DSHOME/bin/dsjob -run -wait -param $APT_CONFIG_FILE=/apps/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/FO_4_Node_Prod.apt -param jp_ProcessingDir=/work/PSA/processing -warn 9000 HR_PROD SEQ_HR_DETAIL_PAYROLL_D_I

All the jobs int the sequence complete succesfully (with status 1 or 2) but the dsjob comes out with a return code of 141.

Can anyone please tell me when does dsjob return a status of 141 ? Also it would be great if anyone could provide the list of return codes given by dsjob.
Apologize if this kinda question was already answered.
+Mplado
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Welcome Aboard.
You need to add -job status somewhere in your dsjob command before giving the Project name. That will return you the true job status.
The possible return codes can be found in the Basic guide (.pdf) or clickhere.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've seen this '141' return code from dsjob in the past, even when using the -jobstatus option. It used to crop up occasionally, and from what I recall it was only from a Sequence job that had actually Finished OK. I also think it only happened with Sequence jobs that used the Wait For File stage. :?

In any case, we haven't seen it for over a year. Seems to have gone away when we upgraded off of 7.0.1.

If that helps at all...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bvishwanathr
Participant

Post by bvishwanathr »

chulett wrote:I've seen this '141' return code from dsjob in the past, even when using the -jobstatus option. It used to crop up occasionally, and from what I recall it was only from a Sequence job that had actually Finished OK. I also think it only happened with Sequence jobs that used the Wait For File stage. :?

In any case, we haven't seen it for over a year. Seems to have gone away when we upgraded off of 7.0.1.

If that helps at all...
Thank you for your suggestions, but We are still not able to get it right !!

Chris, we are not using any Wait for file Stage.

Also while the dsjob is waiting for the sequence to finish, in between we get a message saying "Error 81002 waiting for job" but this is only one case as we have another sequence for which we donot get any message like that and still get a retrun code of 141.
Any insights ?
Last edited by bvishwanathr on Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+Mplado
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What version are you running? Have you contacted Ascential support and asked them this question?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bvishwanathr
Participant

Post by bvishwanathr »

chulett wrote:What version are you running? Have you contacted Ascential support and asked them this question? ...
Version : 7.5.1

We did not contact Ascential Support, will do that !!
+Mplado
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

did you do a searh on this error code here? i got 121 results.

start with this one:

viewtopic.php?t=98717&highlight=141

It saya this error code is when DS is not able to log into UV.
bvishwanathr
Participant

Post by bvishwanathr »

Krazykoolrohit wrote:did you do a searh on this error code here? i got 121 results.

start with this one:

viewtopic.php?t=98717&highlight=141

It saya this error code is when DS is not able to log into UV.
Well i did see the error codes in the include files, but i dont think return code 141 is equal to error code '-141'. I'm not sure enough though how exactly the return codes(negative and positive) are considered/treated.

Let me know if i'm wrong !!
+Mplado