FTP using parallel job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_team
Participant

FTP using parallel job

Post by ds_team »

My parallel job is having a transformer stage and what ever comming from this transformer stage is directly FTP'd to a remote vista server.The file FTP'd is having newline charters at the end of the record. I am FTP'ng the file with content "AB" and when i open the FTP'd file in vista I am seeing Newline charaters at the end. How can I remove this newline characters. I am using FTP enterprise edition stage in my parallel job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

Using binary mode rather than ASCII mode FTP should prevent the line terminators, unless your job design is generating them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ds_team
Participant

My FTP mode is binary. Still i am getting newline characters

Post by ds_team »

I am using FTP enterprise stage. Even after changing the mode to binary i am getting the Newline charaters at the end of my record. I have only one record in my FTP'd file, ie string AB. After AB i am getting NLNLNL.
My job is parallel job i am having FTP stage after transformer stage.
ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard. :D

Using binary mode rather than ASCII mode FTP should prevent the line terminators, unless your job design is generating them. ...
bchau
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by bchau »

Have you set the line terminator in the FTP stage to "none"?

It should be under Inputs|Property Tab, the 4th item down.
ds_team
Participant

Post by ds_team »

did try this option too. But it is inserting NLNLNL at the end.
bchau wrote:Have you set the line terminator in the FTP stage to "none"?

It should be under Inputs|Property Tab, the 4th item down.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check the record delimiter defined in the source. It might be a case, where these newline character might be carried from the source. Check it by writing into a intermediate Sequential file stage. Check with od -db command.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'