Strange thing about Lookup Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Strange thing about Lookup Stage

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi Dsxians,

Today I have encountered one strange thing in DS Parallel Lookup. Its related to Condition Box on Constraint Tab. I have one reference link for my Lookup stage and Whenever I tried to insert some condition on my Reference link by using the Inputcolumns from Driving link, I didn't get that option Inputcolumn in the Condition Box, Its in Disabled position. In the same job, I have one more lookup stage, where I can see this option as enabled. I have tried by changing the Condition Not met option from Fail to Continue or Drop or Reject. Its working means it showing the Inputcolumn option Enable. I am not able to find out the reason of this behaviour of lookup stage . Its Showing in some lookup stages and not showing in others. Any one faced this type of problem in past, please respond about this strange behaviour of Lookup stage.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
johnthomas
Participant

Post by johnthomas »

Nagesh,

I had the same problem , but it strange Datastage behaves that way :x
To fix this remove the links and again attach it with input link to be the first one to be attached to lookup . This is need to be done ,eventhough the link order may show that it is in correct order
JT