The specified field does not exist in the view adapted schem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Telenet
Premium Member
Premium Member

The specified field does not exist in the view adapted schem

Post by Telenet »

Hi,
I'm getting the error:
The specified field: USAGEHOUR does not exist in the view adapated schema
(with the type-error!)
I'm getting this error in a filter stage. This used to work correctly sequential, but I've now made this parallel on a sorted hash partition. This field is not used as hashkey, but is is used to filter for the outputs. It's also on 3 of the 4 outputs.

any idea?
ajith
Participant

Post by ajith »

Are you using a modify stage somewhere in your design and modifying the Field which is not found???

What is the filter condition??, are you sure that the column it says not found exists???

Need more info :(
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post the entire error message detail.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Need more info on the job design and as Ray requested the entire error message, with surrounding warning messages too, for any of us to provide help.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Telenet
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Telenet »

this is the entire error message.
I've allready got it solved. I've removed the partitioning and sorting from the input of the filter stage and preceded it with a sort stage doing exactly the same thing.

To answer some of your questions:
- I'm not using modify stage, there is a transformer and a lookup stage before the filter(the field is created from a function in the transformer)
-filter condition USAGEHOUR<12 for link 0, >12 for link 1
-this is the first error in the log, it is followed by likewise errors in the following stages, but I disregarded them, since they're probably the same thing.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Telenet wrote: I've allready got it solved. I've removed the partitioning and sorting from the input of the filter stage and preceded it with a sort stage doing exactly the same thing.
Well done. Why does this work? Why did you think to try it?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Telenet
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Telenet »

actually I have no clue why it works, I thought the sort stage just has extra functionality, but doesn't work any different from sorting at the input of another stage.

reason why I tried it is to find out if the problem was in the filtering or in the sorting, since the error is on a stage. by adding a sort stage I would get a more clear error.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Telenet wrote:-filter condition USAGEHOUR<12 for link 0, >12 for link 1
... and discard the input row if USAGEHOUR = 12 ?