how/ where to find reason for reject records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

syam
Participant

how/ where to find reason for reject records

Post by syam »

Hi all;

Can you any body please guide me where i need to check reason(s) for reject records.let me explain some more details.

I am loading the data from source file(fixedlength flat file) to oracle data base.And i am capturing the reject records in sequential file. Log file is showing 1000 records imported succesfully and 36 records are rejected . but i am unable to find the reason in log file why it is rejected .

Used stages are sequential file and ODBC stages

Please let me know if need more details.

Thanks;
Shyam.
SHYAM
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

On what constraints, Are you loading the data in the ODBC?

Sam
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

where exactly you are capturing the reject records ? Are you getting any warnings . It might be data issue ,if u can capture the 36 rejected records try to analyze those records.
hi sam here
shilpa79
Participant

Post by shilpa79 »

When you are trying to load into the table .Check the DDL how the table is created and check the key columns ,null values and duplicate records for the key columns and validate the data To check If you have any problem from the I/P data load into seq FF and then later into the DB.
So that you will know which records are getting rejected.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is only one reason for import failure when using a Sequential File stage.

That reason is that the row does not match the record schema specified for the stage's output link.

The remaining diagnosis is up to you - the single column on the reject link is a Raw string (VarBinary).

You can view its contents using a Peek stage or writing it to a text file. If you know the layout, you can use a Column Import stage to parse it into columns.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.