BUILD OPS GENERATION FAILED.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sendmk
Charter Member
Charter Member

BUILD OPS GENERATION FAILED.

Post by sendmk »

Hi

I have got the below meesage when i was trying to generate a Build Op there is no compiler in mY env is there any way where we can import the BuildOp executable in an Env where there is no Compiler and make it work.

Thank you

Operator Generation Failed

buildop -f -BC /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -BL /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -C buildop -H buildop -O buildop -W buildop buildop/CARD_Add_months_year.opd

##E TBLD 000000 Subprocess command failed with exit status 256.
##W TBLD 000000 Output from subprocess: sh: /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC: not found

##I TBLD 000000 /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -KPIC -O -I/mcc/app/datstage/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/GWM_SYS/buildop -I/mcc/app/datstage/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/include -dalign -O -PIC -library=iostream -c /mcc/app/datstage/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/GWM_SYS/buildop/bosource7074-0.C -o /tmp/bosource7074-0_s.o.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try these for starters. Your command search path environment variable (PATH) does not include the parent directory for your C++ compiler or your APT_COMPILER environment variable is pointing to the wrong location or you don't have a C++ compiler at all.

You can not generate a BuildOp without a C++ compiler. You've gone to the trouble to add all that C++ code to its various tab - what did you think DataStage was going to do with it?!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sendmk
Charter Member
Charter Member

BUILD OPS

Post by sendmk »

Hi Ray

Thanks for the Information we dont have C++ Compiler in our Production Env so when i move Buildops there i need to generate them so how to go about this

thank you
sendmk
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you need to generate them there (but why?) there is only one solution, and that is to get a compatible C++ compiler.

Otherwise you have to distribute the executable components (assuming everything, such as O/S, is compatible). These are all stored in the project directory, in a subdirectory called RT_SCnnn, where nnn is the job number.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ajith
Participant

Re: BUILD OPS GENERATION FAILED.

Post by ajith »

sendmk wrote:Hi

buildop -f -BC /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -BL /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -C

I have never seen cc in Capital letters, this should be small lettered cc right???

Just a thought,
Ajith
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It should be whatever it is.

But sendmk asserts that there is no compiler on the production server, which is the question that is really driving this thread.

If they didn't have a compiler called CC, then the operating system would have generated a "command not found" message. This did not occur, which suggests that CC is, indeed, the name of the compiler executable. So put this down to experience - now you have seen CC in capital letters.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Just a thought. I am wondering if sendmk is wanting to compile in a different environment than production and move compiled executables/libraries into production.

I know this can be done with normal C/C++ programs with one major caveat - the systems must be identical at least in terms of libraries. For example, you can compile a job on your 32-bit dev server and expect it to run on your 64-bit prod server, or if your database libraries or DataStage libraries are different versions.

Now, conceptually this can be done. However, as I recall, buildops have a number of different files that get created when compiled. You would need to be able to identify all of these files in order to be able to move them from one environment to another.

So, all that to say that yes, there probably is a way to generate in one place and migrate compiled buildops, but it is not a good way. So get a C++ compiler on your target server.

Hopefully this does more to clarify the sitation than muddy up the waters....

Brad.