Create a Shared container with a hash file for parallel

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ady
Premium Member
Premium Member

Create a Shared container with a hash file for parallel

Post by ady »

I need to use a hashfile which is a output from a serverjob as a shared container in parallel. My questions is

1) how can I create a container with only the hashfile ?

2) can I write the hashfile to a seq file and use it as a lookup file set ?, do I need to take any precautions when I am writing hash to seq ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's "hashed" file, not hash file.

1) You can create a server shared container and use that in a parallel job, provided that the restrictions described in Chapter 2 of the Parallel Job Developer's Guide about incorporating server components are observed.

2) Yes, but the job that dumps the hashed file into a sequential file will run sequentially, and therefore may as well be a server job. You can not use a sequential file as a Lookup File Set, as they have different internal structures. But you can use a sequential file to feed a reference link; in either case the data are first loaded into a virtual Data Set. Lookups are performed against the virtual Data Set (except in the case of sparse lookups, which are only possible against database tables, e.g. DB2 and Oracle).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

ray.wurlod wrote:It's "hashed" file, not hash file.
You refuse to give up don't you :wink:
Last edited by DSguru2B on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

+++ Error: missing apostrophe. Out of cheese error. Redo from start. +++
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Really, where.... :P
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ady
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ady »

ray.wurlod wrote:It's "hashed" file, not hash file.
Oops ! , Bad Work Lingo ... :oops: :lol:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSguru2B wrote:Really, where.... :P
Just before "Last edited by DSguru2B on Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total"
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I know, just playing with ya !!!
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

:lol:
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE