installing visual studio c++

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PeterPol
Premium Member
Premium Member

installing visual studio c++

Post by PeterPol »

Hello all,

We have installed Datastage version 7.5x2 on out Windows 2003 machine. After compiling a parallel job we got an error that the complier "cl" could not be found. We then realised that we didn't have installed the Visual Studio 2003 c++ compiler which is mandatory for compiling transformer jobs.
My question now is, can we install VS after having installing the Datastage suite, or should we first de-install Datastage and then install VS before installing Datastage?

Thanks in advance,

Peter
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

We had the same problem. De-install DS and install the C++ compiler first. Then install DS. It will find the C++ compiler and set it up during the install.
PeterPol
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PeterPol »

Hi all,

We installed VS 2003.Net without de-installing Datastage and it appears that Datastage has no problems with finding the compiler :D

Peter
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Must've re-booted...

Does this mean that this thread is now resolved? If so, please mark it thus.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suneelchallagali
Participant

Post by suneelchallagali »

Hi peter,

I am facing the same problem i have installed datastage 8.1 on windows server 2003 x64bit i have installed visual studio 2003 but i am unable to complie the job with transformer. i am not sure what exact problem is so can you help me out or if you any free links for download visual studio which is compatable with my os.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Different problem. Please start new thread. Your problem relates to APT_COMPILE_OPTIONS and APT_LINKER_OPTIONS environment variable settings in 32-bit/64-bit environments.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, please don't start a new thread, you've got too many of them on this one already. Like this doozy where the compile problem is the fact that it can't get exclusive access to the executable. Jumping on to other people's unrelated compiler issues isn't helping. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers