Delete datasets and query dataset in UNIX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSGuru79
Charter Member
Charter Member

Delete datasets and query dataset in UNIX

Post by DSGuru79 »

Hi,

I just want to delete the datasets using unix shell script. Also want to view particular record in dataset thru unix.

This is possible thru orchestrate command (ORCHADMIN). If anyone have tried this, can please tell me the commands for these both.

Thanks
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Do a search my friend. This has been discussed here before. Like thisfor instance.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Code: Select all

orchadmin rm datasetname
you can use this command in your script to delete the dataset. I am not sure how you can view that thru unix.

Thanks
Sam
DSGuru79
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSGuru79 »

All,

Thanks for your inputs. It worked. Just I put that syntax in shell script and it deleted.

I also did a search in forum on querying the dataset. But I did not get any topics on that. I want to know any particular string is present on that dataset, uisng commands like orchadmin or any other command.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look in the Orchestrate Administrator manual for all options to orchadmin (or simply execute orchadmin with no command line arguments).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.