Wierd Transformer Compiler Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Wierd Transformer Compiler Error

Post by balajisr »

I get the following error when i compile my job.

Code: Select all

Below is the transformer generated compiler error:
##E TBLD 000000 16:42:02(000) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 10,496
##W TBLD 000000 16:42:02(004) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: 1540-5215 (W) 
##W TBLD 000000 16:42:02(005) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: No licenses available. Contact your program supplier to add additional users. Compilation will proceed shortly.

##W TBLD 000000 16:42:02(006) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: 
storage arena manager: can't satisfy 65504

##W TBLD 000000 16:42:02(008) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess:  byte request

##W TBLD 000000 16:42:02(009) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: /usr/vacpp/bin/xlC_r: 1501-230 Internal compiler error; please contact your Service Representative
The above error disappears when the constraint in the transfomer is cleared. :?

The constraint i had given for the testing purposes is "1 = 1"

Any ideas as to the nature of the problem?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I believe you're on the wrong track, and have encountered a timing issue when there were no licences available for the compiler, but attributed that to your constraint. Search the forum for other instances of "no license available".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ajith
Participant

Post by ajith »

Hey Balaji,

I got a similar error in a job a month or so ago, but I was giving some complex conditions on the constraint. When I broke up those and saved them to stage variables it was working.

One more question, are you using Nullhandling functions along with trim?

I am also curious to know what is happening and what goes wrong, may be the experts can pitch in and help us...
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Ray,

I ran it dozen times but the error occurs consistently. I ran twice after reading your post, the end result is same.
I will test the job in other box and let you know.

Ajith,

The constraint is simple. I even tested with 1=1. I have 90 columns in the transfomer which i trim the values and not much of null handling.
ajith
Participant

Post by ajith »

It is just an intuition but I get a strong feeling like it has to do something with trimming and null handling ... Check the columns where you do null handling along with trimming ...

Dont ask me why, I dont know ...
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

In few cases I have faced problems with Transformer compliation,
That case was, when I tried to handle the null for a stage variable.

I tried like If Isnull(STAGEVAR1) then ' ' Else Trim(STAGEVAR1).

Check out, If you have any cases like these.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............