how to handle the join stage warnings

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thumati.praveen
Participant

how to handle the join stage warnings

Post by thumati.praveen »

hi all,

i am using 4 join stages sequentially ,the join lookup is same table for 4 joins and key column also same and i am using the left outer join on 4 joins and 4 joins are produced same column as output.i got output proper but the problem is it is generating the warnings like.........

JoinNZMISSPL01: When checking operator: Dropping component "MISCORR" because of a prior component with the same name.
JoinNZMISSPL02: When checking operator: Dropping component "MISCORR" because of a prior component with the same name.
JoinNZMISSPL03: When checking operator: Dropping component "MISCORR" because of a prior component with the same name.
JoinNZMISSPL04: When checking operator: Dropping component "MISCORR" because of a prior component with the same name.
JoinNZMISSPL01: When checking operator: Dropping component "MISCORR" because of a prior component with the same name.
JoinNZMISSPL02: When checking operator: Dropping component "MISCORR" because of a prior component with the same name.
JoinNZMISSPL03: When checking operator: Dropping component "MISCORR" because of a prior component with the same name.
JoinNZMISSPL04: When checking operator: Dropping component "MISCORR" because of a prior component with the same name.

can u provide the input for this problem

thanks inadvance
praveen
Last edited by thumati.praveen on Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Stop regarding it as a problem. DataStage is not allowing two columns with the same name to be output.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ajith
Participant

Re: join stage warnings

Post by ajith »

thumati.praveen wrote:hi all,

i am using 4 join stages sequentially ,the join lookup is same table for 4 joins and key column also same and i am using the left outer join on 4 joins and 4 joins are produced same column as output.i got output proper but the problem is it is generating the warnings like.........

can u provide the input for this problem

thanks inadvance
praveen

That is because you are having the same column name on both sides of the join. If you want to get rid of this warning, change the names.

Or else, as Ray said, Stop regarding this as a problem.

Hope this helps,
Ajith
Raghavendra
Participant

Post by Raghavendra »

Try message handlers to demote these warnings to information..
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Hi

Ignoring Warnings is easy but if you have a standard restartability feature (doing truncation of data load in case of warning) then it could be a problem

Regards
Sreeni
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi,

Warning Messages- We have to analyse those warnings properly and by max, we have to find the cause and solution for the same.

Message Handlers are helpful, whenever your warning is not harming your job and if your unable to find a solution for your warning.

Warning like Prior Component with same is quite possible to fix. Don't go for Message Handler.

You have two options here to solve the above problem.
1) Rename the columns at the output of Join stage
2) Switch Off the RCP
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
thumati.praveen
Participant

Nageshsunkoji wrote:Hi,

Warning Messages- We have to analyse those warnings properly and by max, we have to find the cause and solution for the same.

Message Handlers are helpful, whenever your warning is not harming your job and if your unable to find a solution for your warning.

Warning like Prior Component with same is quite possible to fix. Don't go for Message Handler.

You have two options here to solve the above problem.
1) Rename the columns at the output of Join stage
2) Switch Off the RCP

hi
thanks for ur input

if i switch off the RCP the data is not visible in the target and
if i rename the out columns that is also the same problem the data is not visible in the target,but in both cases the performence statistics is showing the data is moved all the records from source to target.

thanks
praveen
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

What is your Target ?

Is it a Dataset or Database ?
NageshSunkoji

thumati.praveen
Participant

Nageshsunkoji wrote:What is your Target ?

Dataset
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

thumati.praveen wrote:

Dataset
Data is not visible means, is it showing dataset is not created in the mentioned path or it is simply showing dataser created but no data. that means empty dataset.

are you able to view the data without these two options ?

The path your passing at run time is it the right path ?
NageshSunkoji

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Disabling RCP means that columns that formerly were automatically transferred are now not being transferred. You have to explicitly design in those transfers (mappings) if you require them to occur without RCP.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
thumati.praveen
Participant

Nageshsunkoji wrote:
thumati.praveen wrote:

Dataset
Data is not visible means, is it showing dataset is not created in the mentioned path or it is simply showing dataser created but no data. that means empty dataset.

are you able to view the data without these two options ?

The path your passing at run time is it the right path ?

i am not using the parameters.
everithig is correct
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

Please switch off RCP only in the input stages to the join, keep RCP on in the joiner output.
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

I am still confused ...

Y the RCP switch off and renaming columns is not giving the results to you ?

What is the status now ?
NageshSunkoji

thumati.praveen
Participant

sud wrote:Please switch off RCP only in the input stages to the join, keep RCP on in the joiner output.
Hi,

i did what u said, but their is no change in my target dataset the data is not come.