Fatal Error with the message key value already kept

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

VARUN
Participant

Fatal Error with the message key value already kept

Post by VARUN »

Hi,
I am facing an weired error with out giviing much information for debugging.
Job is aborting by displaying the message:
Fatal Error: Source CLCL_ID is already kept

The job was ran perfectly for the first time, and when i try running once again it is throwing this error even while validating the job.

Please suggest me how to resolve this. The job is fetching the data from a dataset and with the help of lookup on sybase table loading the data to the target dataset.

Thanks,
Saka
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Is it all the message you get? Are you sure that there is no change after the first run and the second? Is CLCL_ID a field or a name of the stage? Will it allow you to do a force compile?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
VARUN
Participant

Post by VARUN »

Hi,
CLCL_ID is the key field on which the joining condition is defined in the lookup transfromation.
Job is compiling successfully, but while running or validating then the job is abrting with this message.

appreciate ur help.

Thanks,
Saka
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post the full detailed text of the log message, including the stage name and partition number.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bvishwanathr
Participant

Post by bvishwanathr »

Hi,

I'am also facing the same kind of a problem. Following is the error message we get :
"main_program: Fatal Error: Source "DC_TRLR_D" is already kept."
Till date we havenot seen this error in our development region , the same job runs fine in our production environment.
Even if i import the same job from production onto my developmet server/region it throws me this error.

Can any one tell when exactly we get these kinda messages ?
+Mplado