ODBC Sparce error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deployDS
Premium Member
Premium Member

ODBC Sparce error

Post by deployDS »

We have a job that involves sparce lookup. We have executed it for multiple cyccles in the past 2 months but never had any problem. But yesterday it was suddenly aborted with the following error:

Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasource[DataDirect][ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol driver]Abnormal end unit of work condition occurred.

We checked with the DBA that there are no deadlocks. Did anyone encounter this error before? What could be the possible reasons?

Thanks!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is it repeatable, or did it happen just once? If just once, it may have been a glitch in the network.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deployDS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by deployDS »

It is repeating. We are unable to get it working how many ever times we run it.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I wonder if it's an issue with the Data Direct ODBC licence? According to the Parallel Job Developer's Guide manual and IBM's training classes, sparse lookup is only supported for DB2/UDB and Oracle Enterprise stages. So you may have exhausted the grace period on the licence for your ODBC driver.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.