Teradata TPUMP Invalid Timestamp error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Teradata TPUMP Invalid Timestamp error

Post by ccatania »

After concatenating 2 string fields a date field:time field:('00') to a StageVariable, then a StringtoTimestamp conversion, we received the Invalid timestamp error when loading in TD using Tpump. The TD TimeStamp field is defined with a TimeStamp(0) therefore mille-seconds not used and Nulls Yes. In Peek the input fields and the svTimestamp fields all look good. The data is coming from a COBOL extract and all fields are loaded this was verified on the COBOl side as well. So if anybody has any idea why we are getting this invalid timestamp error would be greatly appreciated. Our developer is on the brink of pulling out his last strand of hair. :wink:
Charlie
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Verify the output of the stage variable. For example, did you need the third element to be ".00" rather than "00"? Did you need a space between the date portion and the time portion?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ccatania »

Thanks for the reply Ray. The third portion is :00, no mille-secs and there is a delimeter to allow for the date/time space. The developer said he changed the Display on the TD Column tab to equal the column length field and it he can load to TD without any invalid timestamp error. :?:
I haven't had a chance to test this solution, since the Display shouldn't have an impact on writing to TD.
Charlie
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It may do, because display width governs the width of the column when writing to a fixed-width format file (such as the data file for TPUMP).
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ccatania »

I thought that the Display column in the Teradata transform was for viewing the data through DS, and not how the field would be loaded to the table.
So if I understand you, the Teradata Display column length would have be the same as the actual Teradata field column length. Interesting....
Charlie
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't understand me. It affects the size of the column in the data file used by TPUMP, not the column size in Teradata.