ExecDos

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Magesh_bala
Participant

ExecDos

Post by Magesh_bala »

Hi,

How to get ExecDos in job Before/After-Job routines, Presently i am not getting it in drop down.

Any help would be appreciated.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The only reason I'm aware of you wouldn't get it would be because your DataStage Server software is not installed on a Windows box. Do you get any kind of 'Exec' there? And which 'drop down' are you looking for it in?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It might be that the indexing on DS_ROUTINES is not synchronized. Do you get ANY routines in the drop-down list? If so, which ones? Can you see ExecDOS in the Routines branch of the Repository? Go to the Administrator client, open the Command window, and execute the following query

Code: Select all

SELECT DSRID FROM DS_ROUTINES WHERE DSRID LIKE 'Exec%';
Let us know what you get.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Magesh_bala
Participant

Post by Magesh_bala »

Except ExecDos i am getting all the Before/After sub-routines in job property, Even i cound't find it in DS_ROUTINES repository.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Export it from another project (include read-only objects) and import it into this project.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Magesh_bala
Participant

Post by Magesh_bala »

Hi,

I am not getting it in any projects. whether there is any option to enable it.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can you please confirm your DataStage server is actually installed on a Windows server? Are there any other 'Exec' routines in your drop-down? If so, please list them.
-craig

Magesh_bala
Participant

Post by Magesh_bala »

Hi

Except ExecDos i am getting all the Before/After sub-routines in job property like DSsendmail DSjobreport DSWaitforfile execSH execSHSilent exec TCL.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The fact that you get ExecSH (rather than ExecDOS) should mean your Server product is installed on a UNIX server unless I am sadly mistaken.

One last time - what platform is your server installed on? How hard is that question to answer? I'm afraid we are on what is known as a wild goose chase here...
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have to agree with Craig. If the server is UNIX, you don't get ExecDOS or ExecDOSSilent.

You could clone ExecSH as ExecDOS, change all UNIX references to DOS, and it would be syntactically correct. However, attempting to use it on a UNIX machine is doomed to failure.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Strange But True
I have DataStage installed on Solaris and i still get ExecDOS in before-After routines,and Of course ExecSH is there too. :? :?: However i dont get ExecDOSSilent. Is that a bug? EE Ver 7.51A.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? Odd... my understanding has always been that you either get one or the other - which makes sense as your Server is installed on one or the other.

Can you check your ExecDOC routine and see if it is 'standard' or something new someone whipped up?
-craig

narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Dont know if this is another addition to the odd list,
I have DS 7.0 Server edition installed on Windows XP, I see ExecSH in the list. :?:
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Do you guys have mkstoolkit installed or a third party tool like samba that makes unix visible to windows and viceversa. That might have something to do with it :roll:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Was wondering the same thing...
-craig