hardware requirements for installing enterprise edition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

hardware requirements for installing enterprise edition

Post by vijaykumar »

hi,
iam stuck up with a strange problem.what are the hardware req for installing enterprise edition, i know that parallel jobs can be run on smp or MPP systems and on unix server, can't parallel jobs run on standalone systems with more memory space, i know that the load should be shared among diff nodes, but can't we do on stand alone system with more memory space.i would appreciate urgent reply

cheers;
vijay
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Parallel jobs optimise by partitioning data in the job. This gets full value out of the multiple CPUs of server hardware. You get a benefit whenever you have more than one CPU, this can be one server with multiple CPUs, a cluster of servers or a grid. It also works effectively on USS for mainframe making use of mainframe parallel processing capabilities.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Etiquette Note
We don't do "urgent" here. All posters are voluntary, who post as and when they can. If you want "urgent" sign up for premium service with your support provider, and learn the true cost of urgent.

SMP implies standalone, doesn't it?

CPU capacity is at least as important as memory, and huge amounts of disk space.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.