warining in JoinStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

boppanakrishna
Participant

warining in JoinStage

Post by boppanakrishna »

hi all,
i am using a join stage and i am getting the warining as

"Join_124: When checking operator: Dropping component "MISCORR" because of a prior component with the same name."

--> MISSCORR is output column name ...
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: warining in JoinStage

Post by balajisr »

boppanakrishna wrote:hi all,
i am using a join stage and i am getting the warining as

"Join_124: When checking operator: Dropping component "MISCORR" because of a prior component with the same name."

--> MISSCORR is output column name ...
This warning occurs when you have columns with the same name in both the left and right datasets. Rename the column "MISCORR" in the right dataset.
alphac
Participant

Re: warining in JoinStage

Post by alphac »

It seems both input and output links have column "MISCORR". If this column is not a join key, the stage only carry the left link's "MISCORR" field and will drop the right link's.

Suggest you to remove input link's unnecessary columns to avoid this kind of warning messages. You may earn performance gain if your data volume is significant.
alphac
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi,

Possible solution for this is to change the column name of any one link i.e either in left or right . You can perform this operation by using copy stage or in any stage before your join link.

One more solution for this is Disable RCP at the job level. It will not throw any warning.

One more better solution is to search in this forum. You will get more posts for the same question.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
boppanakrishna
Participant

Post by boppanakrishna »

Nageshsunkoji wrote:Hi,

Possible solution for this is to change the column name of any one link i.e either in left or right . You can perform this operation by using copy stage or in any stage before your join link.

One more solution for this is Disable RCP at the job level. It will not throw any warning.

One more better solution is to search in this forum. You will get more posts for the same question.
hi
Thnks for your suggestion, i have already changed the column names in the join stage ...but still it is not working ..
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi,

Are you tried by switching off the RCP ? Try with this option.

One more solution is use modify stage to drop a column, which is not required for further processing.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

Change the column name in one of the links to the Join Stage and also switch off RCP on both the links to the Join Stage. This should take care of your warning.

The Bird.
thumati.praveen
Participant

Post by thumati.praveen »

thebird wrote:Change the column name in one of the links to the Join Stage and also switch off RCP on both the links to the Join Stage. This should take care of your warning.

The Bird.
thanks for ur input

if switch off the RPC,in output data set i did not get the data in ralated columns in the join stage columns.