APT Control Warnings

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thumati.praveen
Participant

APT Control Warnings

Post by thumati.praveen »

hi all,
while loading the Data into the target Dataset i am getting the warinings like

1."APT_CombinedOperatorController(7),2: A numeric string was expected, got "94134 "; using Decimal, the default value." and

2."APT_CombinedOperatorController(7),2: A numeric string was expected, got "101 "; using Decimal, the default value."

Scenario: in this i am converting Fields of "CHAR" type to the fields of "Decimal" type in Transformer stage using the function " String_To_Decimal"
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You need to convert your CHAR column to VARCHAR and use TRIM. Then the extra space(s) won't bother the conversion to decimal.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Or, if you don't want to convert the data type of the column, you need some other VarChar, such as a stage variable or an intermediate result in an expression that you can use to effect the Trim operation. For example

Code: Select all

dec_field:decimal[10,0] = decimal_from_string(string_trim[' ',end,begin](char_field))
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.