change capture in parallel jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumesh.abraham
Participant

change capture in parallel jobs

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Hi all,

I am trying to use change capture in my job,i have connected two datasets to change capture and one dataset as output but the problem is i am gettin an warning like this can u just give me a solution

Warnning Message: Change_Capture_11: When checking operator: Defaulting "AccountType" in transfer from "beforeRec" to "outputRec".

Please respond to this.......

Regards,
N.Magesh
tejaswini
Participant

Post by tejaswini »

Hi,

In change capture stage properties, under output - columns tab,uncheck 'run time column propagation' and try running again.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

hi tejaswini , just want to know i am using PX 7.5.2 i dont find RCP option in CDC stage in output tab --> columns .is it not present for my version?
hi sam here
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It (RPC) may be disabled for the entire project which, to my mind, is a Good Thing.

The error message (which you only posted part of) suggests incomplete mapping to the output link. Go there, and check the Mapping tab.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi,

Disable RCP option at the job level in the property tab. Where you can find option called Enable runtime column propogation for new links. Don't select that option that means nothing but Disabled.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

where can we find the option to enable/disable RCP i dont find in CDC stage can any one please help me out

Thanks
hi sam here
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

samsuf2002 wrote:where can we find the option to enable/disable RCP i dont find in CDC stage can any one please help me out

Thanks
Hi,

You can find the Run time column propogation at the stage level also, In Change Capture stage-go to the output tab and then go to the Columns tab, in that tab see below the cloumns at the left corner, where you can find the Runtime column propogation, if you want enable select the box and disable don't select the box. Default is enable.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

Note that if RCP is disabled at a Project level, then you wouldnt find this option at the output tab of any of the stages.

If this need to enabled at a project level, it would have to be done from the Administrator.

The Bird.