How to get Oracle User while using STP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kusuma
Participant

How to get Oracle User while using STP

Post by kusuma »

Hi all,

I am using STP for calling a function that has two input parameters and a return code.

Input parameters are SP_KEY and SP_USER_ID. SP_KEY has values coming from the input link. SP_USER_ID has to take the Oracle user as the value. I cannot assign the Oracle User to this input parameter in the Stored Procedure because of the fact that it is called from a front-end application that passes values depending on the person modifying the data.

I tried using the stage variables and the Parameter marker/literal in the STP stage. But in both cases, I am getting a string as 'user' in the data :)

Would somebody give me a clue to proceed on this?

Thanks in advance,
Kusuma
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

create a sequence to call this job (which has this stored prcedure). in the Sequence you can have a user variable activity, where you get the user name of the person modifying the data. and you can pass this as variable in the jobs.
kusuma
Participant

Post by kusuma »

keshav0307 wrote:create a sequence to call this job (which has this stored prcedure). in the Sequence you can have a user variable activity, where you get the user name of the person modifying the data. and you can pass this as variable in the jobs.

Hi Keshav,

Thanks for the immediate reply. Since I already have an Oracle Enterprise in the Job, I am selecting the user from this stage and passing it to the STP. It is working fine.

Regards,
Kusuma