To hide warning messages in Datastage parallel edition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vino_joe84
Participant

To hide warning messages in Datastage parallel edition

Post by Vino_joe84 »

While running parallel jobs, we got a lot of warning messages.So after we add the message handler to demote the warnings into info.But we need to remove the warnings not to demote warnings to info.
is this possible to remove or mask the warnings?
J.Ithayavino
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

is the "supress from log" not working??
Vino_joe84
Participant

Post by Vino_joe84 »

It works but we need to eliminate these kind of warnings.
"Jn_Tgt_Lkp_Ins: When checking operator: On input data set 1: When binding input interface field "ABU_KEY" to field "ABU_KEY": Implicit conversion from source type "int64" to result type "decimal[10,0]": Possible range limitation." Could you all please explain how to remove these kind of warnings.
J.Ithayavino
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Vino_joe84 wrote:It works but we need to eliminate these kind of warnings.
"Jn_Tgt_Lkp_Ins: When checking operator: On input data set 1: When binding input interface field "ABU_KEY" to field "ABU_KEY": Implicit conversion from source type "int64" to result type "decimal[10,0]": Possible range limitation." Could you all please explain how to remove these kind of warnings.
Hi,

I think you are performing lookup between an integer and decimal fields. Check the datatype of ABU_KEY in both reference and main stream link. If it is different, use modify stage to perform conversions like Int to decimal and then perform lookup.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You can handle message in PX by right-mouse clicking on the warning message in the director, then selecting "add rule to message handler" and then fill out the information in the screen.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

But far, far better is to eliminate the cause.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

Does anyone know why I would not have the "Add Rule to Message Handler..." option in either Job menu or by right-clicking the log entry for any job in a particular project? I have the option in my other projects, but don't understand why the menu option is not there. Also, when I go to Message Handler Management for this project, the top radio button is greyed out ("Edit local runtime handler..").

Is there an option I missed when configuring/creating the project?

It's the same if I'm logged in as dsadm or developer id.

thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You won't get it for a server job or for a job sequence. Apart from that there's no mechanism of which I am aware for disabling the setting of message handlers.

Edit local will be greyed out if there is no local message handler. A local message handler is a file called Local.msh in the RT_SCnnn directory, where nnn is the job number from DS_JOBS.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

ray.wurlod wrote:You won't get it for a server job or for a job sequence.
Ahh, thanks. I was trying to add a message handler for a sequence, but wasn't testing the same thing on my other projects. :oops: Thanks.

I don't really understand why this capability wouldn't be enabled for sequences? I'm guessing it's because a sequence is basically a server job?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not only is a job sequence a special case of a server job, the message logging mechanism is different. In server jobs, every process in the job looks after logging its own messages; in parallel jobs all messages are logged by the conductor process. So there can be a single point of interception.